Healthcare & Life Sciences
Training Solutions to keep your Business in the Pink of Health
The global Healthcare & Life Sciences industry is confronted by the need to transform culture, processes, and leadership models to meet the demands of a changing marketplace. Tata Interactive Systems' learning products and solutions offer improved performance, cost containment, and higher returns in achieving your business goals with clinical precision.
The global Healthcare & Life Sciences industry is at a crossroads. Policy reforms, drying pipelines, climate change, and the global financial crisis only aggravate inherent challenges such as the widening doctor-medical representative divide and the need for process improvement.
Our research points to some of the following challenges the global Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare industry is likely to face in the near future:
- Search for new business models and sales strategies to win in a changing marketplace
- Building a flexible and talented workforce
- Effective deployment of technology such as shifting from manual to electronic health records
- Increased use of self-paced training for medical education and hospital management/ operations
- Need for energy-efficient solutions and effective use of natural resources
As you transform to keep pace with these challenging times, we too are evolving our offerings continuously to meet your changing needs.
Tata Interactive Systems' Healthcare and Life Sciences practice has developed two offerings, Sales Force Effectiveness Kit (SFE Kit) and Multimedia Enhanced Market Education (MEME), targeted at the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry.
Sales Force Effectiveness Kit
The Sales Force Effectiveness Kit (SFE Kit) is a model for leveraging technology in sales force effectiveness training.
Click the components of the SFE Kit model to learn more.
What It Can Do?
- Identify the correct sequence of a surgical procedure
- Select the right equipment
- Perform surgical procedures in a risk free environment
- Collaborate with others in a virtual operating room (OR)
- Experience it in 3D
- Be rewarded for getting it right
What Is It?
We bring the realism, intrinsic motivation, and engagement that serious games offer to surgical procedure training and information about your products. Use it to train your sales force or distribute it to surgeons to help them update their knowledge and get used to your new devices.
What It Can Do?
- Auto-update new product knowledge
- Ask a question and get it answered
- Write a blog post
- Download a demo or an app
- Allow your virtual mentor to help you through a sales process
What Is It?
Sales AccessPoint™ is what you get when you combine the best parts of a CRM application, Facebook™, Twitter™, and sales and marketing collateral with artificial intelligence that works with you like a virtual mentor. Social-network your sales force. Keep them always connected, via laptops or mobile devices. Make all performance support information/tools available within a few clicks.
What It Can Do?
- Real-time access to everything from learning bytes on Therapeutic Areas, "15-second elevator pitches" to in-depth information on any product in your kit.
- Identify the best product for your customer requirement and learn its key features in a matter of seconds.
- Use ProdPack™ as a learning tool as well as a sophisticated presentation tool.
What It Is
ProdPack™ is a unique, three-tiered solution that consists of Learning Nuggets ("bite-sized" knowledge objects on Disease States), i-Manuals (in-depth product information), and 2D/3D simulations of the products, and Sales Process Training demonstrating "how-to-sell" a particular product to various customer segments.
What It Can Do?
- Study your customers
- Understand their needs
- Plan your approach
- Manage relationships and close the deal
- Handle objections and gain customer loyalty
- Or, correct your mistakes and save the situation in the nick of time
What Is It?
The possibilities of our complex, multi-layered, and multi-branched sales simulations are endless. Enable your Sales Leadership and Sales Representatives to apply their learning in a risk free environment and learn from their experiences.
Benefits of the SFE Kit
- Better measurement: This approach increases the ease of tracking and data analysis. You can start measuring performance by establishing appropriate metrics
- Optimal time utilization: Our model optimizes the time of both trainers and trainees
- Non-strenuous learning: We have moved about 30% of the training to a just-in-time performance support mode, which reduces pressure on Trainees while simultaneously increasing the scope of training
- Application oriented: Our model includes application-oriented training, practice, and assessment in the form of simulations, role plays, serious games, and tips to give learners more opportunity to practice in real-life situations
Multimedia Enhanced Market Education (MEME)
Our Multimedia Enhanced Market Education (MEME) solution:
- Leverages multimedia such as 3D/2D animations, video, and audio
- Incorporates engaging Interactivities
- Uses social media in the form of webinars/podcasts
- Comprises solutions such as simulations and nano-education modules
Click the components of the MEME model to learn more.
- 3D/2D animated movies on disease states, and health and wellness
- Web-based/computer-based Interactive nano-learning modules
- Video-based interactive knowledge modules for patients and care givers
- Sales simulation that allows the field sales force to try out different sales tactics in a risk-free zone
- Interactive 5-minute product nuggets that help sales people to refresh their knowledge quickly
- Short awareness modules on relevant therapeutic areas and clinical research
Benefits of MEME
MEME makes your material:
- Unique and innovative: The novelty factor helps you create a buzz and sustain interest among your stakeholder groups.
- Engaging and memorable: The format makes the experience engaging. Interactivities and robust design ensures that the experience is memorable.
- Easy to disseminate: The multiple modes of delivery (CDs, DVDs, audio-visuals (AVs), flash drives, kiosks, downloadable apps on smartphones, online access via the Intranet/LMS/Web 2.0 enabled company portal) makes it easy for you to reach out to the target audience
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Hoffman-La Roche
- Imperial College London
- IMS Health
- Johnson & Johnson Medical India
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Merck & Co.
- National Health Service, Scotland
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Novo Nordisk
- St. John of New Zealand
Sample Case Studies
- Tata Interactive Systems developed 'Skin Cancer Investigation', an interactive course for the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) that demonstrated what skin cancer (melanoma) is and how it affects healthy skin cells.
- Abbott Laboratories' Quality Assurance department needed to ensure that the quality processes set by the corporate office were followed by all employees across all Abbott offices. We developed two independent courses, Navigator Overview and Navigator eMedical, to address this need.
- We developed 30 training modules on Global Regulatory Affairs and Compliance for Zenosis. These training modules helped Zenosis achieve greater penetration into and integration with their client organizations.
- We developed a self-paced Web-based introductory training program 'The European Clinical Trial Directive 2001/20/EC' for Bristol-Myers Squibb. The course was designed to provide an overview of the ways in which the directive influences the responsibilities of sponsors, investigators, and collaborators.
- Tata Interactive Systems developed an assessment tool for the publisher Lippincott Williams " Wilkins (LWW) that tested the job-related competencies of Ob/Gyn nurses working at United Health Services (UHS) and collected data across UHS sites.
- We developed realistic simulations of surgical procedures for a leading global orthopedic major. The animations simulated the surgical procedure as close to real-life operations and helped the client launch their new products for the Hip Replacement procedure.
- Tata Interactive Systems developed a course, Training Program on Business Improvement " Planning, for GlaxoSmithKline College that won the Silver Award in the "Web-based Custom Content - Special Strength: Interactivity" category at the Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning Awards 2004.