Are You Geared to Serve Learner 2.0?
University and school education is undergoing a seismic shift brought on by technology. Educators need to quickly and effectively transform content and delivery to meet the changing needs of today's students. With an ideal blend of instructional design capability and technological expertise, Tata Interactive Systems is your ideal educational partner.
The trend to incorporate e-learning in education is going only one way-up.
- In the United States, over 5.6 million students took at least one online course during the fall 2009 term (an increase of nearly one million students over the number reported the previous year).
- The 21% growth rate for online enrolments far exceeds the less than 2% growth of the overall higher education student population.
- Nearly 30% of higher education students now take at least one course online.
(Source: Class Differences, Online Education in the United States, 2010 - Sloan Consortium)
Tata Interactive Systems has developed online training products and frameworks that enable educational institutions and publishers to effectively serve the evolving needs of student communities worldwide.
E-learning offers the potential to fully realize the paradigm of active learning, a constructivist approach where the learner is in control of the learning. E-learning has the following advantages over traditional methods:
- Technological: Students use technologies and methods that they use in other areas of their lives
- Instructional: Online networks offer new ways of engaging with the learning material and with peers
- Social: Online networking removes artificial barriers to communication and collaboration
- Practical: Using e-learning, educators can manage quality education at scale and move beyond place-based learning delivery formats
- Multimodal: Online learning allows for multiple modalities to suit different learning styles such as visual, read/write, and auditory
Tata Interactive Systems' Education practice focuses on Higher Education, K-12, and Publishers. SPARKMath™ Numeracy Suite and Virtual Labs are two proprietary K-12 products.
We adopt a consultative approach where we work with you to a customized blend of solutions and products. We can provide bundled solutions that incorporate web portals, simulations, games, mobile-learning, and highly engaging and multi-media enriched e-learning course modules.
We cater to different levels, across scale and complexity. Our process maturity enables us to scale up in a short time. We have extensive experience of collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) in all disciplines. We have built networks of SME agencies that we can leverage.
- We have developed content for higher education and publishing clients in a wide range of subjects including law, humanities, criminal forensics, technology, medicine, and healthcare
- Instructional design is our strength; we are experts in recommending pedagogy and facilitated curriculum design
- We draw our competencies in the K-12 domain from our extensive experience on complex and long-term engagements for a variety of clients. We have tackled a diversity of subject matter and grade levels. On most such projects, the bulk of the content development was done onsite and involved managing a wide network of SMEs.
- We are familiar with state standards and handled translation-intensive engagements
- We have developed content for the Preschool and Kindergarten segments, which involves illustration and animation skills and expertise in child psychology
- University of Phoenix Online
- University of Maryland University College
- Brown Mackie College
- Imperial College London
- Bertelsmann AG
Asia and Australia
- Abu Dhabi Men's College
- A 'Day in the Life' simulation for cyber-security professionals developed for University of Maryland University College (UMUC); this solution won the Brandon Hall Learning Excellence Awards (2011) BRONZE for Best Custom Content
- Consultative approach for UMUC resulting in a blend of simulations and WBT
- Curriculum Design for Brown Mackie College in Accounting, Healthcare, and Law; we developed curricula with the help of SMEs based on top-level agenda
- E-commerce-enabled learning portal for the American College of Sports Medicine
- A learning portal for Abu Dhabi Men's College, UAE
- Web-based training modules and simulations for Boston University
- 3D animations and emulators for Imperial College London
- Story-based approach for Bertelsmann (K-12)
- Teaching accounting concepts through games for Thomson Southwestern
- Virtual Labs and simulations on science for grades 6-8 for HRW
- Science Interactive Assessment CD-ROM for Hodder Murray to enable teachers of Key Stage 3 pupils set interactive assessments
- Development of interactive stories for Nelson Thornes (aimed at special-need pupils, to build their reading skills)