Most Children Would Rather Play than Learn. What about You?
Learning through games is fun, cost-effective, and low-risk. Tata Interactive Systems' Serious Games practice creates captivating and educative games for adult learners in corporate settings that elevate the level of learner engagement and learning retention.
The Play-Practice-Perfect or P3 model developed by Tata Interactive Systems is the foundation for a game-based eLearning approach that delivers:
- Higher engagement through play
- Higher skills and higher retention through practice
- Higher efficiency through perfection
The game-based e-learning approach makes learning fun, improves skills and knowledge, and elicits desired behaviour. In short, serious games directly address business outcomes.
Skill-based serious games build skills and abilities resulting in improved efficiency and productivity at job tasks.Skill-based serious games:
- Have one or more clearly defined instructional outcomes
- Provide context (real or imaginary) for the content
- Offer multiple paths to success
- Provide opportunities for multiple iterations (re-playable)
- Define multiple degrees of success as against just win/lose
- Encourage learners to constantly improve skills
Example: We created a serious game on the technical scrutiny of checks for a leading Indian bank. Check verification involves spotting 21 possible errors in 10 areas of a check. The game resulted in productivity improvement of 25%.
Knowledge-based Serious Games, also termed as Orientation adventure games are aimed at providing an engaging, immersive, and contextual environment to convey factual information about an organization.Knowledge-based serious games:
- Are designed as adventures or quests
- Feature immersive, isometric 3D-like environments
- Enable learners to 'Explore-Organize-Apply' facts
- Have in-built mechanisms for assessment
- Are not time-bound
- Have short-duration episodes
- Require no pre-requisite knowledge
Example: We created a game-based online induction program for a global logistics company. The two-hour long game addressed 17 learning objectives and covered over 180 facts about the organization. It saved the client GBP 300,000 in the first year as a result of reduction in induction time (from 3 days to half a day) and opportunity cost savings.
Behaviour-based Serious Games , also termed as Games for Change are aimed at communicating conceptual messages that challenge people to think, reflect, and change their perspectives.Behavior-based serious games:
- Are behavioural change enablers
- Translate complex concepts into simple application
- Are ideal for topics where learners cannot be forced to learn
- Cover pre-requisite knowledge of concepts
Benefits of Working with Us
- Tata Interactive Systems has developed the proprietary P3 model for developing serious games
- Our serious games have resulted in demonstrable improvement in on-the-job performance and cost savings for our clients
- We have translated our understanding of the unique learning challenges faced by various industry verticals into award-winning solutions and products
- As the world's largest developer of custom e-learning, we have capabilities in related disciplines such as 3D animation, simulations, and virtual world platforms